Uninstall or remove apps and programs in Windows 10
There are different ways to remove apps and programs, so if you can’t find the one you’re looking for, you can try another location. Note that some apps and programs are built into Windows and can’t be uninstalled. You can try to repair a program first, if it’s just not running correctly.
Uninstall from the Start menu
- Select Start and look for the app or program in the list shown.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Settings page
- Select Start , then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article.
- Select the app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Uninstall from the Control Panel (for programs)
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Control Panel and select it from the results.
- Select Programs > Programs and Features.
- Press and hold (or right-click) on the program you want to remove and select Uninstall or Uninstall/Change. Then follow the directions on the screen.