There are several steps you can take to safeguard yourself when traveling with a computer:
- Use a strong password to secure your device.
- Enable two-factor authentication for all accounts.
- Install and keep up-to-date anti-virus and anti-malware software.
- Backup important files before traveling.
- Encrypt your hard drive to protect sensitive data.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi networks when possible, or use a VPN to secure your connection.
- Keep your device with you at all times, and do not leave it unattended.
- Be cautious when using USB drives or external hard drives that are not your own.
- Clear your browser history and cache after using public computers.
- If you are traveling internationally, be aware of any customs or border control policies regarding electronic devices, and consider using a temporary or loaner device to avoid potential risks.
By following these steps, you can help protect your device and your personal information while traveling.