Follow these steps to lower your “paid” America On-Line account to a “free” account.
Many people believe they need to keep paying for AOL to keep their AOL e-mail addresses. This is not true. The only reason you are paying is because of a secret AOL does not want anyone to know. You are still paying for their dial-up service. 99% of the users have a broadband/high-speed internet connections. STOP paying for AOL dialup and follow these simple steps.
- Call America On-Line: 800-827-6364
- Ask to speak with their billing department
- Tell them you wish to talk with them about your current pricing plan.
- They will provide you and confirm what you are currently paying
- Tell them you want to lower your current plan to a “free” account.
- They will try to convince you to keep the paid services but they will offer a lower priced plan. Do NOT accept it. Just tell them you want to lower your current plan to a “free” account.
- This will occur 2-3 times. Do not accept any of their offers except the one where your account becomes “free”.
- This process will take about 5 minutes to complete but you will save between $200-$400 per year.